Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

not sleeping

I don't sleep much these days.
My mind is preoccupied with unwanted thoughts. Why is it that I often want the things I can't have, and I  don't want the things I should?
"don't you think that daisies are the friendliest flower?"
Absolutely, Meg Ryan. 
I've decided that the suburbs of Atlanta are clouding my mind. I started work on Friday. I almost ate a deep fried rubber band (not my fault), I did the wobble with some drunk people, I dropped a napkin on a man's dessert, and I walked out at 2 a.m. Still, I'm thankful to have a job.
I wish I had some inspirational thought tonight, but I don't. Life is hard sometimes and occasionally I wish I had someone to bring me daisies and Hershey's chocolate bars when it all becomes overwhelming.

No comments: