Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

college.

The air is crisp and the leaves are changing. Pumpkin spice lattes are back. Girls are breaking out the boots. Fall is now officially here, and I'm missing home more than ever.
 I'm sitting in the only Australian Bakery I've ever heard of. Country music is playing softly in the background, and it feels good to be away from campus and school. Although I could easily use three or four hours of studying, instead I'm choosing to sit here. I'm just going to sit, sip my coffee, eat my meat pie and soup, and watch the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. As much as I love that show, I'm wishing I had a good book...maybe a romance. I'm convinced they're good for the soul. Maybe I'll try to find a used book store.
If I could be anywhere at this moment, I'd be on my horse, wandering through the woods with no destination in mind. That's the problem, I think. There's always a destination. Always something we're working towards, but the destinations never seem to end. It's just one after the other. Some days I feel like everyone else is moving on and I'm falling behind, desperate to slow down and enjoy simple pleasures.

Fun fact about college for your day: it steals your water bottles. I can't find two of mine. I don't know what KSU is doing with them. Stay tuned.

No comments: