Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

seasons

It's another day in my home state of Georgia and I'm sitting here marveling at how time flies. It seems like yesterday my Dad was taking me to Daylight Donuts for breakfast; but that was ten years ago, and now I'm eighteen and about to head off to college. Sometimes I don't feel quite ready, but then I remember the words of Jesus. "I haven't given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind." What does it mean to have a sound mind? I'm still not sure, but I know what it feels like to fear. Changing seasons can be the cause of a lot of anxiety; whether it's entering the crazy world of high school at fourteen, or transitioning into retirement at sixty. The truth is, they all require a level of trust. A leap into the unknown. A true act of faith. We jump in, trusting and relying on Jesus to catch us, and He always does.

No comments: