Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

rain, car rides, and coffee

Okay so I'm supposed to only write one blog a day, but today is different. It's raining. When it rains I feel way more artistic than I am, and I have an enormous desire to write. So here I am: sitting on my front porch in a rocking chair armed with a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee and a lot of good books. I don't plan on reading, but if you're going to sit on your front porch listening to rain, you must at least have a book in the vicinity. Glad I covered that. Now on to the real subject. Believe it or not, there is a deep connection between rain, car rides, and coffee.  As soon as the rain begins, jump in your car. Now at this point there is a decision to make. I chose to turn on the country music... so naturally, I was pondering boys, backroads, fried chicken, sweet tea, and blue jeans. It is acceptable to choose other genres, but I may judge you. Jack Johnson is also ideal. Car rides are always a great way to think, but add in some rain and bring a notebook, because you're going to come up with something genius (or not so genius, but you'll at least feel like it is...).
Coffee is absolutely necessary.
Why? I'm glad you asked. Coffee is like alcohol for the underaged. It brings us together. We have deep conversations over it. We say more than we wish we did as we drink it (that may be all the time, but for the sake of making my point I'll continue). We can customize it using words like "skinny" and "dry." Most importantly, it keeps us awake and sparks the imagination. If you are over 21, I wouldn't suggest writing down your thoughts as you drink an alcoholic beverage...you'll probably regret it later. Stick with coffee. And so there it is. The reasons why you should drive in the rain with a cup of coffee in your hand.




No comments: